- Advisory Editorial Board, Chemical Society Reviews, RSC Journal. 2012-
- Editorial Board, Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group. 2012-
(Handle manuscripts of catalysis submitted to Scientific Reports and make decision of manuscripts based on review reports
- Advisory Editorial Board, Catalysis Science and Technology, RSC Journal. 2011-
- Editorial Board, Science China Materials, 2015-2020.
- Editorial Board, Materials, MDPI. 2012-
- Advisory Editorial Board, Green, De Gruyter, Germany. 2011-
- Guest Editor, Themed Issue of Chemical Communications on Topics of “Structure of Catalysts Particles from In-situ Electron Micorscope” (Themed issue of 2014)
- Guest Editor, Themed Issue of Chemical Society Reviews on the Topic of “Bimetallic Nanocatalysts and Nanocatalysis” (Issue 24 of 2012)
- Guest Editor, Special Issue of ChemCatChem on the Topic of “Synthesis of Nanocatalysts”, (Issue 10 of 2012)
- Guest Editor, Special Issue of ACS Catalysis on the Topic of “Operando and In-situ Studies of Catalysis”. (Issue 11 of 2012)
- Editor of Book Entitled “Heterogeneous Catalysis at Nanoscale for Energy Applications”, Wiley, 2014.
- Editor of Book Entitled “Metal Nanoparticles for Catalysis: Advances and Applications”, RSC Catalysis Series, RSC, 2014.
- Editor of Book Entitled “Functionalization of Semiconductor Surfaces”, Wiley, 2012.
- Advisory Board of 10th International Workshop on Oxide Surfaces (IWOX-X).
- Executive Committee, Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry of ACS.
- Review Panel of Chemical Catalysis Program of National Science Foundation.
- Organizing Committee Member, International Summit on Past and Present Research Systems of Green Chemistry, August 25-27, 2014, Philadelphia, USA
- Champion of AVS-61st Focus Topic Program “In-situ Spectroscopy and Microscopy”, November 11-13, 2014, Baltimore, MD
- Co-Organizer of Symposium, “Carbon Management: Recent Advances in Carbon Capture, Conversion, Utilization and Storage”, 248th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, August 10-14, 2014, San Francisco, CA.
- Co-Champion of AVS-60th Focus Topic Program “In-situ Spectroscopy and Microscopy”, October 27-November 1, 2013, Long Beach, CA.
- Organizer of Symposium, “Surface Chemistry of Metal and Oxide Catalysts under Reaction Conditions and during Catalysis”, 247th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, March 16-20, 2014, Dallas, TX.
- Organizer of Symposium, “Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Catalysts from Surface Science Point of View: Ex-situ, In-situ, and Operadno Studies”, 246th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, September 7-12, 2013, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Organizer of Symposium, “Catalysis and Catalysts for Energy and Fuels”, 246th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, September 7-12, 2013, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Co-Organizer of Symposium “Catalysts for Energy Conversion and Storage”, 245th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, April 7-11, 2013, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Chair of Symposium “In-situ Studies of Surfaces and Nanomaterials for Heterogeneous Catalysis” for MRS 2011 spring meeting at San Francisco.
- Co-organizer of Symposium B “Chemical and Molecular Modification at Interfaces” of International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT), Singapore, 2005.
- Review Panel of Proposals of Center for Functional Nanomaterials (CFN) of DOE Located at Brookhaven National Lab in the term of 2011-2013.
- Review Panel of Chemical Catalysis program of National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Proposal Reviewer of Research Proposals of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Proposal Reviewer of National Sciences Foundation (NSF).
- Referee of Research Articles invited by editors of Nature, Science, Chemical Science, the Journal of the American Chemical Society, Nano Letters, Angewandte Chime, Journal of Physical Chemistry C and Letters, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, Journal of Crystal Growth, and Materials Chemistry and Physics.